Aeroplan is one of the most popular travel rewards programs in Canada, and it’s easy to see why. With eight cards to choose from, you’ll get stellar rewards no matter what your spending habits are. Choosing an Aeroplan credit card means you’ll have your pick of the best credit cards in Canada.
But which Aeroplan credit card will earn you the most rewards? Let’s take an in-depth look at one of the most popular Aeroplan cards: the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite has an $120 annual fee and have a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles (value of $180). It also offers an annual fee rebate for the first year and an additional 5,000 Aeroplan Miles (value of $60) when you add an Authorized User to the account by September 2, 2016.
Let’s look at how many travel rewards you’ll earn with each of this card, using the detailed spending profile below.
- Apply by December 5, 2021 to earn up to $1,250 in value (assuming you take one round-trip Air Canada flight and add an Additional Cardholder to your account in the first year)
- $139 annual fee rebate for the first year
- Earn 1.5 Aeroplan points per $1 on eligible gas, groceries, and direct through Air Canada purchases
- Earn one Aeroplan point for every $1 you spend everywhere else
- This offer is not available for residents of Quebec. For Quebec residents, please click here.
- †Terms and conditions apply.
- Income required: $60,000 (personal) and $100,000 (household)
This credit card rewards your spending with 1.5 miles per $1 spent on gas, groceries and at the pharmacy, and a flat 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else. Depending on the destination of the flights you are redeeming for, the average value of an Aeroplan Mile is $0.0120. Using the monthly spending profile above, you’ll earn $729.60 in rewards in the first year and $369.60 in subsequent years.