Laurentian Mortgage Calculator
How to Estimate Payments
To estimate your Laurentian Bank mortgage payments, first collect the following information:
- The purchase price or renewal amount of your property
- The amount of your down payment (if purchasing a new home)
- The amortization period you have selected
- Your mortgage rate
Once you’ve collected all of the information listed above, you can input them into the mortgage payment calculator and receive your estimated mortgage payments.
About Laurentian Bank’s Mortgage Rates
Like its competitors, Laurentian Bank offers both variable- and fixed-rate mortgages. Additionally, Laurentian Bank is one of the few providers in Canada who provide cash-back mortgages. To compete with other home equity line of credits, Laurentian offers the Homeowner’s Kit, which allows you to leverage your home equity to obtain credit that can be used for various projects.
Looking to lower payments
To receive a lower mortgage rate, compare rates from multiple providers. A mortgage broker can help you compare rates from multiple providers to help you find the best one.
If you’ve found a low mortgage rate but are still wondering how you can reduce your mortgage payments, consider the following two options:
- Increase the size of your down payment—this will reduce your total loan value and thus reduce your mortgage payments.
- Increase your amortization period—extending your amortization period means you’re paying off your mortgage over a longer period of time, which will reduce your individual payments.