Loblaw Companies Limited is testing a fee-based subscription pilot program for select PC Plus members who are also President’s Choice Financial Mastercard cardholders.
The new program, called PC Insiders, has an initial cost of $9.99 a month or $99 a year.
“Many Canadians, in particular busy parents, find themselves shopping several of our brands, both online and in person,” says Galen G. Weston, chairman and CEO of Loblaw Companies Limited. “PC Insiders is our next step in making that whole experience easier and more rewarding.”
During the pilot, subscribers receive the following benefits when using their PC Financial Mastercard:
- 20% back in PC points on the essentials that families need, including diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online;
- 20% back in PC points on all Joe Fresh products in-store and online at joefresh.com;
- 20x the PC points every day when customers shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca;
- Free Click & Collect pick-up service at nearly 200 locations;
- Free shipping on all beautyBOUTIQUE.ca and joefresh.com purchases; and
- $99 PC travel credit once a year when booking a trip on pctravel.ca (annual subscriptions only).
The program launched on Monday to select cardholders in Ontario and British Columbia, and a waiting list is available online.
Next year, the PC Insiders program will expand to welcome additional subscribers across Canada. At that time, it will be available to members of the PC Optimum loyalty program, which launches Feb. 1, 2018.
Looking for the best credit card?
Compare the top-rated credit cards on the market and apply in a few easy steps
- CIBC to Launch Simplii Financial, End PC Financial Partnership
- Points Guru Chronicles: How the PC Plus/PC Points Rewards Program Works
- Points Guru Chronicles: How the Shoppers Optimum Program Works
- RBC, Shoppers Drug Mart to End Partnership