No medical life insurance
If your medical history is complicated, no medical life insurance might be worth considering - but there are downsides. So what is no medical life insurance?compare quotes today
For a lot of reasons, not all of us are able to access a mainstream life insurance policy. That's part of the reason no medical life insurance exists - it allows people to get coverage without having to undergo a medical examination. It may not be the cheapest or the most flexible coverage, but it's important for lots of Canadians who otherwise would not be covered.
If you're thinking about no medical life insurance, read the information on this page to understand what it is, and whether or not it's the right decision for you.
better choices made
to Canada’s top financial institutions
What Is No Medical Life Insurance?
Types of no medical life insurance
When should I buy no medical life insurance?
What factors influence no medical life insurance rates?
When can I be denied no medical life insurance?
Before you think about no medical life insurance, you should compare quotes to see everything you're eligible for. Get a quote today, and we'll help you through the process.compare quotes today
By Mika Castaldo. Updated 6th February 2020
No medical life insurance is one of a few things that needs to exist, but you never want to use, if you can avoid it. That said, if you can't get life insurance any other way, you shouldn't feel bad about checking out no medical life insurance. You can still get good coverage for a great rate.
Here are a few additional things to consider.
Additional coverage options
Some no medical life insurance providers allow you to purchase extended coverage, or riders, to cover you for other circumstances:
- Critical illness provides payout if you develop a life-threatening illness like heart disease, stroke, or cancer
- Accidental death pays an additional benefit if your death is the result of an accident
- Some no medical life insurance policies also specify an age at which you no longer make monthly payments—usually around age 95.
How to buy no medical life insurance
You can buy no medical life insurance in a few different ways:
- Direct underwriters, who work for specific insurance companies
- Insurance agents, who are independent but only sell the products of one insurance company
- Insurance brokers, who sell the products of multiple insurance companies
- Some providers offer online applications
Ratehub.ca is not affiliated or otherwise associated with Hub International Canada.