Are you always making travel plans but never have enough credit card points to convert your dreams to reality?
The Scotiabank Gold American Express Card can turn your plans into a real itinerary.
This card is among Scotiabank’s new group of American Express cards, giving you a chance to earn lots of points with every purchase. You’ll earn 4 points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, restaurants, and entertainment and 1 point for every dollar spent on everything else. That makes it one of the top travel rewards credit cards in Canada.
Before signing up for this card, make sure the places where you shop frequently also accept American Express so you can maximize your rewards points.
Now let’s take a closer look at this card. With a $99 annual fee and a $29 supplementary card fee, it’s lower than the standard $120 annual fee and $50 for supplementary cards. And when you sign up, it comes loaded with 15,000 points worth $150 in travel.
You can book your travel online or over the phone through the Scotia Rewards full-service travel agency. You’ll also be eligible for the following:
- Hotel discounts – Get up to 20% off the lowest published offer at more than 18,000 hotels around the world
- Low price airfare alerts – Buy your ticket through the Scotia Rewards program and the price will be monitored to see if a lower price becomes available
- Cruise deals – Special offers and benefits, such as shipboard credits, upgrades, and shore excursions (if available)
- Car rental discounts – Get up to 25% off with more than 100 car rental agencies globally
Flexible redemption options
The card gives you flexibility when redeeming points:
- Pay with points – If you have enough points, redeem them for the whole trip, including taxes and fees
- Pay with the card – You can use your card to pay for all of your travel costs and you’ll also earn points
- Pay with both – If you don’t have enough points, you can pay for your travel with a combination of points and a charge to your card
The last word
Not only can the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card send you to your dream destination but it provides you with travel emergency medical insurance for up to 25 days, flight delay or cancellation coverage, delayed and lost baggage insurance, and much more.
From the looks of it, the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card could very well be the best rewards credit card in Canada.