Have you ever stayed in a hotel and had your personal belongings stolen? Replacing all those items can be costly. In this situation, having credit card travel insurance can be useful.
Hotel/motel burglary insurance protects you in the event that your personal property is stolen from the room where there’s evidence of forced entry. You can be covered up to a maximum amount for any theft that occurs while you’re checked in. As with most insurance policies there are limitations to what items are covered. Always read the conditions carefully.
Here’s a look at two credit cards that offer hotel/motel burglary insurance:
Scotiabank®* Gold American Express® Card
Earn 5x the points on groceries & restaurants + earn up to 40,000 bonus points within your first year.
- Reimbursed up to $1,000 per person
- Must report theft within 90 days
- Must pay for the accommodations with your credit card
The Scotiabank Gold American Express credit card provides up to $1,000 per person for any personal item stolen through visible forced entry. The hotel/motel insurance only applies when you pay for the room with your credit card. You must report the theft within 90 days in order to receive claim forms.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance: You’re Covered With These Cards
- Extended Warranty Insurance: You’re Covered With These Cards
- Purchase Security Insurance: You’re Covered With These Cards
Flickr: Tim Samoff