Overview of the RBC® Visa‡ Classic Low Rate Option
- Annual fee
- Purchase interest rate
RBC® Visa‡ Classic Low Rate Option details
- Welcome bonus
- earn a 0.99% introductory interest rate for the first 10 months on cash advances and balance transfers and no annual fee for the first year. Apply by December 6, 2023.
- Annual fee
- $20 (first year waived)
- Balance transfer offer
- 0.99% per month for the first 10 months
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance interest rate
- Balance transfer interest rate
- Minimum income
- Any amount
- Household income
- Any amount
- RBC Royal Bank
- Card type
- Low interest
Detailed card summary
Benefits & features
- Enjoy a 0.99% introductory interest rate for the first 10 months on cash advances and balance transfers^ and no annual fee for the first year.* Apply by December 6, 2023.
- Low interest rate on purchases and cash advances
- Low annual fee
- Purchase security and extended warranty insurance4
- Link your RBC card with a Petro-Points membership and instantly save on fuel at Petro-Canada stations and earn 20% more Petro-Points
- Get $0 delivery fees for 3 months from DoorDash14 – Add your eligible RBC credit card to your DoorDash account to:
- Get a 3-month complimentary DashPass subscription15 – a value of almost $30
- Enjoy unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees on orders of $15 or more when you pay with your eligible RBC credit card
How to get approved
- Minimum income Any
- Household income Any
- Recommended credit score +
- You are a permanent Canadian resident and have reached the age of majority in the province in which you live.
Average user score for RBC® Visa‡ Classic Low Rate Option
4.3 | 4 reviews
La carte est à faible taux d’intérêt, mais ce n’est pas le meilleur taux que j’ai vu qui était disponible. Par contre, le taux n’augmente pas après 6 mois, c’est un bon point.
Applied two to three times via email and once mailing in information. Sent a letter back to me but was not clear on what I needed to complete. So please respond as I like to apply for a card
It is useful to have a lower rate credit card rather then one that is giving points but has a super high interest rate.
Refer to RBC page for up to date offer terms and conditions
- The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into The Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- ^In order to benefit from the 0.99% introductory interest rate on cash advances for 10 months, your application must be received by the date indicated on this page and approved by us. The introductory interest rate offer is applicable to all cash advances (i.e. cash withdrawals from a bank branch or ATM with your RBC Royal Bank credit card, balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set-up with a merchant). All other account activities, including purchases, are subject to the standard account annual interest rate(s) as shown in the Information Box. Interest is charged from the day the cash advance is made, until we receive your payment for the total amount you owe. The introductory interest rate on cash advances remains in effect through the first 10 full monthly statement periods (approximately 10 months from account open date). The Interest Rate Chart on your monthly statement will indicate the date on which the introductory interest rate expires, as long as you have a remaining balance associated with your introductory interest rate. If we do not process statements on the expiry date (for example, if it falls on a holiday or weekend), you will continue to benefit from that introductory interest rate until your statement is prepared, the next processing day. Once the offer expires: (i) all cash advances; and (ii) any remaining balances, which were subject to the introductory interest rate under this offer, will be subject to the cash advances interest rate indicated on your monthly statement. In general, if your credit card account consists of balances with different interest rates, such as purchases at the standard interest rate and cash advances at an introductory or promotional interest rate (e.g. a special lower rate balance transfer, or a temporary lower rate on all cash advances), any payment that exceeds the minimum payment due will be allocated to those balances in a proportionate manner. Your payment will not be applied to the balance(s) of your choice, such as the balance(s) with the highest interest rate, or to any category of balance(s) following a specific order. For example, if your purchases balance at the standard interest rate is $800 and you have a cash advances balance of $200 at one promotional interest rate, proportionate allocation means that 80% of your payment will be allocated to your purchases balance and 20% will be allocated to your cash advances balance. If you miss making any minimum payment by the payment due date and if you have not paid it before the date we prepare your next monthly statement, and/or if you change your actual RBC Royal Bank credit card for another type of card before the expiration of the offer, you will lose the benefit of this and any other introductory or promotional interest rate offer(s) in which you are participating and any remaining balance(s) which were subject to the introductory or other promotional annual interest rate under an offer(s) will be subject to the annual interest rate(s) indicated on your monthly statement, beginning on the first day of the third statement period after the missed payment. Cash advances do not qualify for Avion® points, partner rewards or cash back credits if your credit card is a type that earns rewards. Balance transfers cannot be used to pay any RBC Royal Bank credit card account or used for pre-authorized payments. Please call customer service at 1-800 ROYAL 1-2 (1-800-769-2512) for up to date information on your credit card account. Your RBC Royal Bank Credit Card Agreement explains the terms under which you use your RBC Royal Bank credit card. Please refer to it for full details.
- * To be exempt from the RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option annual fee for one year, your application must be received by the date indicated on this page and approved by us. Additional cardholders (co-applicant and authorized user(s)), existing RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option cardholders, as well as existing cardholders of any RBC personal credit cards , applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option, as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer.
Find the best credit cards without impacting your credit score
Apply with confidence. In under 60 seconds, CardFinder narrows down your top matches without impacting your credit score, no SIN required.