Overview of the Triangle™ Mastercard®
On Canadian Tire Spending1.5%
On everything else
Triangle™ Mastercard® details
- Annual fee
- Earn 4% on Canadian Tire Spending, 1.5% on groceries, 0.5% on everything else
- Average point value
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance interest rate
- Balance transfer interest rate
- Minimum income
- Any amount
- Household income
- Any amount
- Recommended credit score
- Canadian Tire
- Card type
- Cash back
Detailed card summary
Benefits & features
- New Card Member Bonus: Collect a total of 15% back (4% everyday plus 11% bonus) in CT Money‡ when you make your first purchase at any of our participating retailers* and activate your new Triangle™ credit card.
- Redeem† your CT Money®at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Mark’s/L’Équipeur, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey and participating Sports Experts stores.
- Collect 5¢ (1) per litre back in Canadian Tire Money® at Gas+
- Collect Canadian Tire Money® everywhere else you shop†
- Equal monthly payments* on qualifying purchases of $150 or more at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Mark’s/L’Équipeur, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey and participating Sports Experts stores.
- No annual fee
- Tap & Go™
- These annual interest rates are not applicable for residents of Quebec.
How to redeem
How to get approved
- Minimum income Any
- Household income Any
- Recommended credit score 660+
- You are a permanent Canadian resident and have reached the age of majority in the province in which you live.
- †The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Triangle™ Mastercard®, Triangle™ World Mastercard® and Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money®). Not all items sold at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey and participating Mark’s/L’Equipeur and Sports Experts are eligible to earn CT Money or to be redeemed for. Available in-store only at Sports Experts, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey. Certain Sports Experts stores or rental shops may not participate. Not available at out-of-store events. Conditions apply. Visit triangle.com for full program rules and Partner location information. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Mark’s and Sports Experts.
- (1) CT Money is collected on the number of whole litres of fuel purchased when you show your Triangle card, mobile App or key fob and pay with cash or debit. Rate subject to change and could vary by location, see local gas bar for details. Not all Gas+ locations have premium fuel. Must go inside kiosk to collect rewards with App or key fob.
- *Financing available is “Equal payments, no interest” for 24 months (unless otherwise stated) and is only available on request, on approved credit and on purchases of $150 (unless otherwise stated) or more (Gift Cards excluded) made with your Triangle credit card at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Mark’s, L’Équipeur, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey and participating Sports Experts. Interest does not accrue during the period of the plan. However, if we do not receive the full minimum due on a statement within 59 days of the date of that statement, or any event of default (other than a payment default) occurs under your Cardmember Agreement, all special payment plans on your account will terminate and (i) you will then be charged interest on the balances outstanding on such plans at the applicable regular annual rate from the day after the date of your next statement, and (ii) the balances outstanding will form part of the balance due on that statement. There is no administration fee charged for entering into a special payments plan. Each month during an equal payments plan you are required to pay in full by the due date that month’s equal payments plan instalment. Any unpaid portion not received by the due date will no longer form part of the equal payments plan and interest will accrue on that amount from the day after the date of your next statement at the applicable regular annual rate. Offer subject to change without notice.
- Additional information for residents of Quebec only: The regular annual rate for persons applying for the Triangle Mastercard and the Triangle World Elite Mastercard is 21.99% for cash transactions and related fees and 19.99% for all other charges. Some applicants may receive a higher or lower regular annual rate depending on a credit evaluation. The minimum payment is the sum of (a) the greater of: (i) interest and fees shown on your statement + $10; or (ii) 5% of the New Balance, excluding amounts on special payment plans, (b) any balance over your credit limit, (c) any amounts past due not included in (b) above, and (d) the amount of any equal payments plan instalments then due. Balances under $10 are due in full. For accounts opened prior to June 13, 2019 the rate of 5% will start at 2% and increase by 0.5% each August 1st until it reaches 5%. For residents of Quebec, the period between the statement date and the due date for payment is 26 days. The billing period covered by each statement can be from 28-33 days. The Triangle Mastercard and the Triangle World Elite Mastercard do not have an annual fee. Examples of borrowing costs (rounded to the nearest cent) assuming that all charges are purchases bearing interest at the regular annual rate of 19.99%, a 30 day month, no charges made on special payment plans and no other fees, additional payments or other changes are:If your average balance is: $100, total monthly credit charges will be: $1.64If your average balance is: $500, total monthly credit charges will be: $8.22If your average balance is: $1,000, total monthly credit charges will be: $16.43If your average balance is: $2,000, total monthly credit charges will be: $32.86
ˆ1.5% earn rate applies to the first $12,000 in annual spend at grocery stores with Mastercard merchant code 5411. Excludes purchases at Walmart, Superstore and Costco. Afterwards the earn rate will be 0.5%. For examples of qualifying grocery merchants, visit triangle.com/merchants. Annual spend is based on a calendar year of January 1 – December 31, 2020
‡To qualify, purchase must be made within 30 days of approval at any of our participating retailers* (online or in-store). Activation of physical card required. A maximum of $50 CT Money can be awarded.
* at Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey, Mark’s/L’Équipeur and participating Sports Experts stores.
Find the best credit cards without impacting your credit score
Apply with confidence. In under 60 seconds, CardFinder narrows down your top matches without impacting your credit score, no SIN required.