Overview of the The Business Platinum Card from American Express®
Detailed card summary
Benefits & features
- Earn 80,000 welcome bonus Membership Rewards® points
- Earn a welcome bonus of 80,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend $6,000 in purchases within the first three months of Cardmembership. That’s $800 in statement credits that can be reinvested in your business.
- Earn points that you can redeem in a variety of ways.
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points for virtually every $1 in purchases and get the most out of your business expenses
- Enjoy an exceptional line-up of rewards redemption options for you and your business, including travel, dining, entertainment, gift cards, merchandise, and more with Membership Rewards program.
- Transfer points to frequent flyer and hotel programs, including one-to-one to Aeroplan®* and Avios.
- Unlock business possibilities with a full suite of business management tools that give you more control over your business – anytime and anywhere
- Enjoy financial flexibility with no pre-set spending limit on purchases. With this Card, your purchasing power adjusts dynamically with your Card usage, and can grow over time, as long as you make your payments on time and maintain a good credit history.
- Maximize your cash flow with up to 55 interest free days so you can keep more cash on hand when you need it most.
- Pay for business expenses over time with Flexible Payment Option.
- This charge card has both Due in Full and Flexible Payment Option balances. All Due in Full balances must be paid each month. Interest rate of 30% applies to each delinquent Due in Full charge. This rate is effective from the day account is opened. Interest rate of 19.99% applies to your Flexible Payment Option balance. This rate is effective from the day the Flexible Payment Option is first available on your account.
- Enjoy exclusive benefits for you and your business.
- Take full advantage of the American Express Global Lounge Collection which unlocks access to over 1300 airport lounges worldwide. This includes The Centurion® Lounge network, Plaza Premium Lounges, and hundreds of other domestic and international lounges designed to enhance your travel experience.
- Enjoy premium benefits at the Toronto Pearson Airport, including access to the Pearson Priority Security Lane and discount on parking.
- Get access to discounted base fares for you and your travel companions when you book through the International Airline Program.
- Enjoy access to specialty services and events, preferential treatment, and a dedicated Concierge team.
- Access comprehensive insurance coverage for your travel needs.
- Access Out of Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance (for under age 65), even if you don’t charge your tickets and travel arrangements to your Business Platinum Card.
- Access Trip Cancellation Insurance, Trip Interruption Insurance, Travel Emergency Assistance, and up to $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance when you fully charge your tickets and travel arrangements to your Business Platinum Card.
- Plus, access Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance, Flight Delay Insurance, and Baggage Delay Insurance when you fully charge your airline tickets to your Business Platinum Card.
- Save money when travelling with complimentary Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance.
- Access coverage that can protect your business purchases when you charge the full price of eligible items to your Business Platinum Card.
- Protect your eligible purchases against accidental physical damage and theft for up to 90 days with Purchase Protection® Plan.
- Double the manufacturer’s original warranty up to one additional year with Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply.