Overview of the American Express® Platinum Card®
Detailed card summary
Benefits & features
- Unlock special experiences with the Platinum Card
- New Platinum® Cardmembers, earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus Membership Rewards® points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.1
- Earn 3 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible dining in Canada, 2 points for every $1 in Card purchases on eligible travel, and 1 point for every $1 in all other Card purchases
- You will have access to a $200 CAD Annual Travel Credit to use towards any single travel booking of $200 or more charged to your Platinum Card and made on www.americanexpress.ca/travel or through Platinum Card® Travel Service.
- Take full advantage of the American Express Global Lounge CollectionTM which unlocks access to over 1200 airport lounges worldwide. This includes The Centurion® Lounge network, Plaza Premium Lounges, and hundreds of other domestic and international lounges designed to enhance your travel experience
- Enjoy complimentary benefits that offer an average value of $550 USD at over 1,000 extraordinary properties worldwide when you book Fine Hotels & Resorts.
- Platinum Cardmembers can enjoy access to special events and unique opportunities
- Enjoy premium benefits at the Toronto Pearson Airport such as discount on parking
- You will also have access to many leading hotel and car rental companies’ loyalty programs. Our partners include Marriott International, Hilton Hotels and Resorts®, Radisson Hotel Group, Hertz and Avis.
- As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.5%
- *American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply.