Overview of the Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA Card
On gas, groceries, other purchases, drug & pharmacy
Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA Card details
- Welcome bonus
- earn 5% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases). Offer ends October 31, 2024.
- Annual fee
- Earn 1% on gas, groceries, other purchases, drug & pharmacy
- Average point value
- Balance transfer offer
- 0.99% per month for the first 6 months
- Purchase interest rate
- Cash advance interest rate
- Balance transfer interest rate
- Minimum income
- Household income
- Any amount
- Recommended credit score
- Card type
- Cash back
Detailed card summary
Benefits & features
- Special Offer: Earn 5% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases). Plus, get 0% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months (22.99% after that; annual fee $0). Offer expires October 31, 2024.
- Get up to 1% cash back on eligible purchases with no annual fee.
How to redeem
Credit to statement balance annually in November
How to get approved
- Minimum income $12K/yr
- Household income Any
- Recommended credit score 660+
- You are a permanent Canadian resident and have reached the age of majority in the province in which you live.
Average user score for Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA Card
5.0 | 1 review
Michael S. Mcwade
excellent card for everyday use
1 Offer Description and Conditions: The 5% Cash Back and Introductory 0.99% Balance Transfer Rate Offer (the “Offer”) applies only to new Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa credit card accounts (“Accounts”) that are opened by October 31, 2024 and is subject to the below terms and conditions. All other terms and conditions of the Program Terms continue to apply. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.
5% Cash Back Offer Conditions: You will earn 5% cash back on the first $2,000 in eligible purchases you spend on your new Account within the first 3 months of the Account open date (the “Promotional Period”). Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers and cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. After the Promotional Period, you will earn regular cash back on eligible purchases at the regular cash back rate (the “Cash Back Program Rate”) described in the Scotia Momentum No-Fee Visa Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions (the “Program Terms”). The 5% cash back rate for any category is made up of the sum of: (i) the regular Cash Back Program Rate (variable by categories as set out under the Program Terms); and (ii) a “Cash Back Bonus Rate”.
Cash back earned under this Offer will be credited to your Account in 2 instalments so long as your Account is open and in good standing at time of payout of each:
1. Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date; and
2. Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program Terms.
The Account is considered in good standing if it is not past due or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account.
EXAMPLE: If the Regular Cash Back Program Rate for the Groceries and Recurring Payments category is 1% then the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be 4% for that category so that you will earn a total of 5% on the amount of all eligible everyday purchases in that category during the Promotional Period. If you make $2,000 in eligible everyday purchases in the Groceries and Recurring Payments category, your cash back earnings will be credited to your Account as follows:
(1) the Cash Back Bonus earnings of $80 (4% x $2,000) (which will not be tracked on your monthly statements), will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date, and (2) the Regular Cash Back earnings of $20 (1% x $2,000) (which will be tracked on your monthly statements), will be credited to your Account as per the regular cash back payment schedule (i.e., November).
Introductory 0.99% Balance Transfer Rate Offer Description and Conditions: The Introductory 0.99% Balance Transfer Rate Offer (the “Rate Offer”) applies only to cash advances (including balance transfers and cash-like transactions) (collectively “Cash Advances”) subject to the conditions below. This introductory rate applies when the new Account is opened by October 31, 2024 and will continue for 6 months from date of Account opening (the “Promotional Period”). After the Promotional Period, the promotional 0.99% interest rate on any Cash Advances (including any that remain unpaid after the Promotional Period ends) will increase to the preferred interest rate on Cash Advances (currently 22.99%). A balance transfer fee of 2% of the amount of each balance transfer transferred during the Promotional Period applies. A $5 Cash Advance fee applies to all other Cash Advances.
If you don’t pay the minimum payment on your Account by the payment due date on your statement, two times in any consecutive 12-month period, you will lose the benefit of this promotional Rate Offer and the interest rates that apply on any unpaid balance will increase to the standard annual interest rates that apply to your Account (preferred annual interest rates will increase to standard rates of 24.99% on purchases and 27.99% on Cash Advances). This Rate Offer is subject to any available limit for Cash Advances on your Account. This Rate Offer cannot be used to transfer a balance from another Scotiabank Account, or to make a payment or deposit to another Scotiabank Account.
In general, if you make a payment that exceeds the minimum payment on your statement, we will apply your payment on a proportionate basis among each group of billed charges on your Account. We group charges based on the interest rate that applies to the group of charges. Your payment cannot be applied to the balance(s) of your choice. See your credit card agreement for more information about how we apply payments to your Account.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank personal credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank personal credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are also eligible for the Offer.
Rates and Fees: There is currently no annual fee for the primary card and no fee for each additional card. The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on Cash Advances. All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.
Find the best credit cards without impacting your credit score
Apply with confidence. In under 60 seconds, CardFinder narrows down your top matches without impacting your credit score, no SIN required.